Report by Samantha Pope
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
THE wet weather did nothing to put revellers off sampling more than 120 beers and ciders during the annual Nailsea Beer and Cider Festival.
Held from Friday to Sunday at Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club in West End Lane, the event saw thousands of people turn out to enjoy the tipples along with hours of live music and fun for the children.
The field became a mud bath following the rain showers on Friday and Saturday, but, on Sunday the weather held out to give families and children the chance to experience the community atmosphere.
Held each year since 2004, the voluntary-run festival has seen more than £40,000 raised for charity, along with thousands toward the rugby club’s work.
This year’s event saw 75 per cent of proceeds from drink sales go to the club and the remaining 25 per cent, along with all money taken by the fete stalls, going to St Peter’s Hospice.