ARE you at a loose end this weekend? If you are then maybe one of these events will take your fancy?
* Weston – The regular farmers’ market rolls into the Town Square off High Street today from 9am-12.30pm.
* Congresbury – The regular book, DVD and jigsaw sale will be held at the war memorial hall in Brinsea Road from 9am-1pm.
* Brent Knoll – Cakes, meats vegetables and home-made gifts are the order of the day at this morning’s farmers’ market and village bazaar. Entry to the parish hall in Brent Street is free and all the proceeds made from the 10am to noon sale will go to the hall.
* Cheddar – The spirit of Jamaica infuses with the Somerset village today as a Caribbean themed coffee morning and tabletop sale is held. It will be held from 10am-12.30pm at Church House in Church Street. Money raised will go to help Jamaican primary schools.
* Wedmore – A WI coffee morning will be held at the Masonic Hall in Church Street from 10am to noon. It will feature a tombola, local produce sale and a whole lot more.
* Weston – A fundraising fabric sale will be held by Weston Quilters today from 10am-4pm. Admission is £1.
* Weston – The increasingly popular Saturdads play morning will be on again between 10am and noon. The event, run by the town’s children’s centres, will be held at the Barcode youth café in South Parade. It costs £1 per family and includes a breakfast butty.
* Winscombe – A jumble sale in aid of the village table tennis club will be held at the community centre in Sandford Road at 2pm. Donations welcome between 10am and noon.
* Congresbury – The hard working volunteers of Congresbury will be given the chance to show off to the village their efforts today. The Old School Room, off Station Road, will hold the showcase event between 10.30am-4pm and will enable people to sign up to help too.
* East Huntspill – The church hall in Church Lane will host a coffee morning today from 10.30am to noon.
* Hutton – The village’s Weston Hospicecare support group will hold a coffee morning in the village hall in Main Road from 10.30am.
* Worle – Summer Lane Care Home in Diamond Batch will hold its spring fair today at 2pm. There will be a range of stalls including bric-a-brac, tombola, raffle and cream teas.
* Yatton – A spring flower show will be held at the village hall in High Street at 2pm.
* Wedmore – Whips, cowboy hats and a yee hah are all optional but to be encouraged when a barn dance and pig roast rolls into town tonight. The event, starting at 7.30pm, is being held at the village hall in Cheddar Road. Tickets, priced £10, are available from Carol Cousins on 01278 743653.
* East Huntspill – The garden club will hold a film night and a speaker tomorrow evening at 7.30pm. There will be refreshments and a raffle too at the church hall in Church Lane.