6 food and drink events in Somerset
PUBLISHED: 15:00 12 July 2015
FOOD and drink lovers can look forward to beer and dairy festivals, and farmers’ markets in the next few weeks.
* A variety of fresh produce, including meat and cheese, is available at farmers’ markets.
The next event takes place in Burnham High Street on July 31 from 9am-1pm.
* And Axbridge farmers’ market will be held in The Square on August 1, also from 9am-1pm.
* A village market will take place at Uphill’s village hall in Old Church Road on Saturday. There will be bread, cheese and preserves available from 10am-1pm.
* A country market will take place in Cheddar on July 21. Home-cooked produce, eggs, vegetables and preserves can be bought from Church House in Parsons Pen from 10.30-11.30am.
* The Weston Lions Club’s Real Ale Festival will be on the Beach Lawns on July 24-26 from 10.30am-11pm.
* And a dairy festival will take place on the Beach Lawns from July 29 to August 2.
There will be a livestock show, petting zoo and bar serving beers and ciders.
It will be held from 10am-6pm on July 29-31, 10am-9.30pm on August 1 and 10am-6pm on August 2.