Report by Charlotte Richardson , chief reporter
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
ABOUT 100 people have been evacuated from their homes this morning (Tues) following a gas leak.
Emergency services are currently on the scene in Church Road in Worle.
The leak, thought to have happened between Coronation Road and Hill Road, was first discovered at about 6.30am this morning when a member of public reported the smell of gas.
Avon Fire and Rescue quickly attended the scene and, using gas-monitoring equipment, they detected a low level of gas in the area.
A 200m exclusion zone was immediately set up and about 100 people living nearby have been evacuated to St Martin’s Church.
Gas engineers are currently at the site.