Decorations go up in flames in house fire

PUBLISHED: 19:00 27 December 2010

Emergency Fire Services

Emergency Fire Services

Archant

CHRISTMAS decorations caught light during a house fire last week.

The blaze, at the property in The Hedges, St Georges, was accidentally caused when candles were left unattended.

They set light to the Christmas decorations shortly after 5pm on December 20.

A cat was rescued by fire crews, but nobody else was home at the time.

More from Weston Mercury

Westonians have criticised North Somerset Council’s commercial investment decisions after the authority spent more than £50million on acquisitions this year.

Read more
20:00

Pantomime season will return to Weston-super-Mare next month.

Read more
18:00

A six-piece jazz band will entertain a Portishead crowd on November 30.

Read more
14:00

Have you ever dreamed of becoming a firefighter? If so, there is an event next month which will be a great experience.

Read more
08:00

Drivers are having to take life-endagering risks due to high speeds in Yatton High Street, according to campaigners.

Read more
Yatton

Two hooded Weston-super-Mare robbers who held their victims at knife-point and threatened to ‘slice them up’ have been jailed.

Read more
Yesterday, 17:00

The English National Ballet will bring its Swan Lake performance to the West Country – and the Mercury is giving readers a chance to win tickets to see the show.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:00

An East Brent play park will receive a five-figure upgrade to improve facilities for children in the village.

Read more
Yesterday, 14:05

The collected 30 something’s were partying like it was 2002 at Bristol’s SWX on Friday as post punk rockers A returned to Bristol to play the whole of their seminal album Hi-Fi Serious.

Read more
Yesterday, 11:05

More than £200,000 has been spent by North Somerset Council on redundancy payments in 18 months.

Read more

Most Read News

Read Online

Image
Read the Weston Worle and Somerset Mercury e-edition E-edition

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 10°C

min temp: 3°C

Useful Links

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
Send Your Letters
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Reader Travel

Family Notices 24

Newsletter Sign Up

Weston Mercury twice-weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Show Job Lists