Firefighters tackling Milton Road fire in Weston
PUBLISHED: 15:41 14 November 2017 | UPDATED: 15:47 14 November 2017
Firefighters have been tackling a blaze in a busy Weston-super-Mare road this afternoon (Tuesday).
Two engines from Avon Fire and Rescue service are in Milton Road, and a cordon is up beside Pappadoms takeaway shop.
One person who was in the Weston Hospicecare charity shop next door said: “There was smoke coming out of the windows and the fumes were horrendous.”
They added it appeared as if the smoke was coming from the ground floor windows belonging to Pappadoms.
Another eyewitness told the Mercury there was smoke pouring out, and the air smelled of burning.
The road has not been closed, although firefighters are directing cars to travel through one at a time.
The fire appeared to be largely extinguished as of 3.15pm this afternoon, although a cordon was still in place alongside Pappadoms.
* We will update this with more details when we get them from the fire service.