Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 03 August 2018
A vegan food festival, a charity walk and a classic car show are all due to take place in Weston this weekend.
– A sponsored walk will take place on Saturday at noon.
The five-mile route will start from Marine Lake, with all money raised going to the Catch the Light lantern parade group.
The route will be suitable for wheelchair users.
– Start your Sunday of properly with a meander through Weston’s Grove Park, in High Street, to check out the latest classic car show.
The event will start at 10am and the Worlewind Band will also perform at 2.30pm.
– After you have looked at the stylish cars, head down to Weston’s first vegan fair.
The event, which is being held at the Tropicana in Marine Parade, will run from 10am-3pm on Sunday.
There will be a wide range of food to try which is suitable for vegetarians or vegans. Entry is £3, and free for under-14s who are accompanied by an adult.
– Take a trip down to The Playhouse Theatre, in High Street, this weekend.
There is a fantastic show on each night with The Searchers appearing on the Saturday and a Buddy Holly tribute act on the Sunday.
The Searchers will take to the stage at 7.30pm and will perform classic hits like Sweets For My Sweet, Don’t Throw Your Love Away, Sugar And Spice and When You Walk In The Room.
Buddy Holly: A Legend Reborn will also start at 7.30pm and will pay tribute to the rock ‘n’ roll legend.
– If the theatre is not your cup of tea then why not catch the latest blockbuster film?
The latest instalment from the Marvel Universe, Ant-Man And The Wasp, is out now at Weston’s Odeon and Cineworld cinemas.
There are regular showings of the sequel film which follows the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War.
Scott Land (played by Paul Rudd) grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a hero and a father as he struggles to rebalance his home life.
Other popular films not to miss include Tag, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again and The Incredibles 2.
For a full list of events, pick up a copy of the Weston Mercury which goes on sale tomorrow (Thursday).