Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this Christmas weekend
PUBLISHED: 13:00 22 December 2017
It is only a few more days until Christmas so it is time to start celebrating. There are plenty of festive parties taking place across Weston this weekend to prepare you for the big day.
– Weston Pride will hold a Christmas party today (Friday). Cabaret drag queen Fanny Burns will be at the 1970s and 1980s themed disco, which will run from 8pm-1am at Club Tabu, in Boulevard. Tickets, priced £7-10, can be booked from firstname.lastname@example.org or on the door.
– A Christmas raffle will be held at Pier View on tomorrow (Saturday). The event will start at 2pm and will raise money for the Birnbeck Regeneration Trust.
– The Lipinski brothers, Alex and Adam, will play a Christmas carol concert at Loves Café in West Street on Christmas Eve to raise money for homeless charity Comfort At Christmas. The event runs from 1-6pm, and tickets, priced £6, are available at www.lovesweston.co.uk
– If you have yet to see a pantomime this festive season then look no further than The Playhouse Theatre in High Street.
The cast of Aladdin are waiting to dazzle you and your families with their songs, dance moves and tomfoolery. There will be two performances on Friday and Saturday at 2pm and 6pm and then at 11am, 3pm and 6.30pm on Christmas Eve. Tickets, priced £11.75-21.95, are available from 01934 645544 or www.theplayhouse.co.uk
– Catch the latest blockbuster hits at Weston’s Odeon Cinema, in The Centre. Pitch Perfect 3 premiered on the silver screen this week, following The Bellas as they take on bands at the United Service Organisation’s charity concert. If that was not enough, you can still watch the latest instalment of the Star Wars franchise, The Last Jedi. Pick up where The Force Awakens left off as Rey begins her training in the ways of The Force after finally discovering Luke Skywalker. Full showtimes and ticket prices are available from www.odeon.co.uk