Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 18:00 04 August 2017
Two big festivals will be in Weston-super-Mare this weekend, with everything from sheep-shearing to fire-breathing on show.
Here are five things to see and do in Weston this weekend.
– Start your weekend off with Weston’s annual dairy festival.
The five-day event began yesterday (Thursday) on the Beach Lawns, in Marine Parade, at 10am.
The festival is now open every day with livestock displays, sheep-shearing, ferret-racing, a dog and duck show and many more events.
There will also be a variety of food and drink stalls courtesy of Eat: Weston.
– To celebrate the reopening of the brand new Italian Gardens, a day-long festival will be hold at the new and improved venue on Saturday.
Fire performers, live music and a steel dragon named Elsie will be among the attractions people can enjoy at this event.
There will also be a wide range of food and drink stalls to browse and enjoy as well as a number of other performances which will be on offer throughout the day until 10.30pm.
– If you fancy a break from the busy festival life, head down to The Friends Meeting House, in High Street, for a craft fair on Saturday.
Pick up a bargain from 11am-3pm.
– Start your Sunday off with a leisurely stroll to Grove Park for a classic car show.
Chat to the owners and find out more about their beautiful cars from 10am-4.30pm.
– After you have visited Grove Park, jump in your car and head to Hutton for a delicious country barbecue.
Moose International Weston invites people to Russell’s at 141 Oldmixon Road on Sunday for some yummy food and some garden games.
Enjoy a game of croquet, darts and boules or try your hand at clay pigeon shooting.
People are asked to arrive at 2.30pm for a 3pm start and entry is £8 on the door.
There will be free parking and your entry allows you to have a drive on a tractor.
If you are out in Weston this weekend, upload your pictures to www.iwitness24.co.uk and they could appear in the paper.