Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 18:00 11 August 2017
Street artists will brighten up the area around Birnbeck Pier at a spray jam event this weekend. Here are five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend.
– Start your Saturday off with a refreshing cup of tea or coffee at the Blakehay Theatre, in Wadham Street.
The theatre will host a coffee morning to help raise money for new stage equipment.
The event will run from 10am until noon.
– After you have had your refreshing brew, walk around the corner to Grove Park, in Grove Road, for the flower show, also on Saturday.
The show will run from 10am-5pm and will feature horticultural displays and a tombola.
– If you are an art lover then head down to the paint-spray, music and poetry event at Birnbeck Pier and car park in Birnbeck Road on Saturday and Sunday.
Artists from around the country will be creating pieces on boards around the derelict pier, while various stalls and food will also be available.
The event will run from 9am-6pm each day.
– Support the RNLI at its open day at the lifeboat station, in Knightstone Road, on Sunday.
Find out more about the men and women who risk their lives to save ours from 10am-2pm.
There will also be demonstrations from the teams and talks on water safety.
– The RSPCA’s North Somerset branch is asking dog owners and animal lovers to go to its annual dog show and fete on the Beach Lawns this weekend.
From 11am-4pm on Sunday the lawns will be filled with stalls, games and more.
Owners can enter their dogs in a number of show categories in the hope of winning best in show.
If you are out in Weston this weekend, upload your pictures to www.iwitness24.co.uk and they could appear in the paper.