Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:01 18 August 2017
A gin festival will take over the Grand Pier and a new show from Weston Operatic Society will take place this weekend. Here are five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend.
– Weston Homemakers will hold a market at Victoria Methodist Church in Station Road on Saturday.
The event begins at 10.15am, and includes raffles, crafts and a tombola, plus cakes and books for sale.
Entry is free.
– A gin festival will be held on the Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, on Saturday.
The doors will open at noon and there will be a number of talks and tastings taking place.
Tickets, priced £12, are available from www.grandpier.co.uk
– There will be a fun day at The Royal Hotel, in South Parade, from 2.30-6.30pm on Saturday.
There will be children’s entertainment, live music, donkey rides, a barbecue, raffle and more. Family entry will cost £5 with proceeds going to Cots For Tots and Neve’s Journey.
– The Weston Operatic Society will perform Shout: The Mod Musical at St Jude’s Theatre, in St Jude’s Terrace, this weekend.
The show will take the audience back to 1960s London and it will follow the lives of five women, in their 20s and 30s, who face relationship difficulties.
The ladies seek advice from Shout columnist Gwendolyn Holmes, which is not what they hoped for.
The show will start at 5pm on Friday and Saturday. Tickets, priced £10, are available from email@example.com or by calling 01934 420006.
– St John’s Church in Lower Church Road will host a ceremony for the laying up of the Burma Star Association standard to mark the closure of the organisation’s Weston branch.
It will begin at 10.30am on Sunday.
If you are out and about in Weston this weekend, upload your pictures to www.iwitness24.co.uk and they could appear in the paper.