Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 06 April 2018
There will be treats galore available from local producers at Eat: Weston or you can watch a war reenactment this weekend.
– The hotly-anticipated Eat: Weston will return to the Italian Gardens and the High Street on Saturday.
More than 70 local producers and businesses will showcase cheeses, pastries, meat and more from 9am-5pm.
If that was not enough, head into the Sovereign Shopping Centre and watch four chefs inspire you with ideas for your new purchases.
If you cycle to the event, expect to be in for a treat as the Eat: Festival organisers have teamed up with Weston Bicycle Works and TravelWest to offer free bike check ups and saddle covers to anyone who rides into the festival.
There will also be a mini farm, tractors, balloon art and a Punch and Judy show to enjoy.
– The clash of two Weston rugby clubs will take place this weekend as Hornets first team welcomes Weston Rugby Club firsts to their pitch on Saturday.
Hornets are fighting fit after a string of wins and hope to solidify their place in the league while Weston will be looking to make it back-to-back wins against their local rivals after defeating them 37-18 in December.
Kick off will be at 3pm at the Hornets ground in Hutton Moor Road and entry is £5 on the gate.
– Fireworks will light the night sky above the Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, on Saturday at 8.30pm.
Tickets, including unlimited ride tokens and food, cost £7.50-12.50, and are available at www.grandpier.co.uk
– The Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, will hold a wedding fair on Sunday from 11am.
There will be DJs, photographers, florists and more. To register for free entry, call 01934 646155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– A World At War day will be held at the Helicopter Museum, in Locking Moor Road, on Saturday and Sunday.
The area will be brought to life with history camps, re-enactments and historic vehicles.
The museum will be open to people from 10am-5.30pm.