Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 04 May 2018
Jeremy Long \ JCL Photography
You could reach death-defying heights when a fun fair returns to Weston’s Tropicana this weekend.
Grab fairground snacks and take a spin on the dodgems at Funland and then head over to one of Weston’s many other attractions this bank holiday weekend.
– Funland will return to the Tropicana, in Marine Parade, starting on Saturday.
Fairground rides, candy floss, pretzels and skills games offer a fun family day out on Weston’s seafront. Funland will be in place until September 2.
– Change your style at a body art festival at Weston Museum this weekend.
The renovated attraction, in Burlington Street, will host the festival over the bank holiday weekend from Saturday to Monday from 10am-5pm.
Artists and stylists will provide people with a new look.
– Listen to the music of Rogers and Hammerstein at a one-off concert at All Saints’ Church, in All Saints Road.
The event will be held on Saturday at noon. Entry costs £8 and will include a light lunch.
Proceeds will go to an outreach project in Tanzania.
– Evolution Wrestling will be held at the Winter Gardens Pavilion, in Marine Parade, on Saturday.
See top-class wrestlers go toe-to-toe in the ring from 7-10pm.
Tickets, priced £8.50, are available at www.evolutionwrestling.bigcartel.com
– Pick up a fun trinket at the homemakers group’s spring fair on Saturday.
There will be games, raffles and tombola to test your luck on as well.
It will begin at 10.15am at the Victoria Methodist Church in Station Road.