Ride+Stride event to raise money for region’s churches
PUBLISHED: 10:01 07 September 2018 | UPDATED: 10:01 07 September 2018
People will walk, cycle or run to different churches across the region this weekend to raise money to help keep them open.
Ride+Stride 2018 will fundraise for the Somerset Churches Trust on Saturday as people transport themselves between participating churches and raise money through sponsorship and donations.
Churches taking part in the Mercury patch are:
• St John’s The Baptist, in Axbridge.
• St Congar’s, in Badgworth.
• St Andrew’s, in Banwell.
• St John the Baptist, in Biddisham.
• St Andrew’s, on Weston’s Bournville estate.
• St Andrew’s, in Burnham-on-Sea.
• St Mary’s the Virgin, in Christon.
• St Andrew’s, in Compton Bishop.
• All Saints, in East Huntspill.
• St John the Evangalist, in Highbridge.
• St Mary’s the Virgin, Hutton.
• St Augustines, in Locking.
• St Andrew, in Loxton.
• Holy Cross, in Mark.
Michael Auton, Somerset Ride+Stride co-ordinator, said: “We hope other groups and organisations will support the Somerset Churches Trust to help make a real difference to the people and communities of Somerset.
“Please help protect our beautiful churches and come out to enjoy the wonderful countryside which makes Somerset so special to us all.”
For more details visit www.somersetchurchestrust.org