Harmful algae removed from lake
PUBLISHED: 15:07 05 October 2017
A harmful algae which formed on a lake in Highbridge has been removed.
The Environment Agency has been testing the lake at Apex Park, in Marine Drive, since last month after the formation of a potentially toxic blue green algae.
Anyone who had fallen ill after coming into contact with the lake had been urged to seek medical attention.
Fishing is now permitted at the lake but people and dogs are not allowed to swim in it.
Although there is still some algae in the lake, it is not the dangerous strain.
Somerset County Council will now remove warning signs from the park.