Man treated by paramedics after carbon monoxide poisoning

PUBLISHED: 09:14 03 February 2017 | UPDATED: 09:15 03 February 2017


A man had to be checked over by paramedics after being exposed to ‘high levels’ of carbon monoxide in a house.

Fire crews from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) were called to Lippiatt Lane in Shipham at 10.19pm last night (Thursday).

They were called after a carbon monoxide detector was triggered and readings were taken which showed the presence of the odourless poisonous gas.

A DSFRS spokesman said teams from Cheddar and Burnhamn-on-Sea attended the scene.

They added: “An ambulance was requested to attend due to one male casualty being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide.

“Crews isolated the wood burning stove which was the cause of the carbon monoxide, and ventilated the property.”

More from Weston Mercury

21 minutes ago

There are delays on the M5 tonight (Monday) after a crash involving two cars between Clevedon and Weston-super-Mare.

Read more

Plans to build a further 67 houses in a tourist village have been given the green light.

Read more

Rubbish collections were delayed by ‘mindless vandals’ after a tyre-slashing rampage took place in Weston-super-Mare at the weekend.

Read more

Villagers are concerned more than 60 trees could be cut down to build six homes in Winscombe.

Read more

Two friends from school have opened up a new business in Weston-super-Mare.

Read more

A fun fundraising week saw students look back over years of show business.

Read more

Weston Lions Club members picked up their bin bags and litter-pickers and took to Kewstoke last week.

Read more

Weston’s coastguard and RNLI crews were called, mid-way through yesterday’s (Sunday’s) remembrance service, to rescue a kite-surfer who was in trouble.

Read more

There has been a significant increase in the number of syphilis cases in recent months.

Read more

Police swooped on suspected drug dealers in Weston-super-Mare town centre.

Read more

Most Read News

Read Online

Read the Weston Worle and Somerset Mercury e-edition E-edition

Local Weather



max temp: 14°C

min temp: 8°C

Useful Links

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Send Your Letters
Order Photos
Family notices
Reader Travel

Family Notices 24

Newsletter Sign Up

Weston Mercury twice-weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Show Job Lists