No-go roads for buses after shots fired
PUBLISHED: 03:23 07 December 2006 | UPDATED: 10:20 24 May 2010
BUSES have stopped using some roads in Worle after vehicles have been shot at with guns. Bosses at First bus company have diverted routes to avoid
BUSES have stopped using some roads in Worle after vehicles have been shot at with guns.Bosses at First bus company have diverted routes to avoid St Marks Road, Wansbrough Road and Magdalen Way.Police believe an airgun might have been used and are appealing for witnesses.The incidents took place between 6pm and midnight on November 24 in St Marks Road and again in the same location on November 26.The Weston & Somerset Mercury spoke to one bus passenger who said: "When I boarded the number seven bus on November 28 and asked for a ticket to Ebdon Road, Worle, the driver informed me he could only go as far as the Queens Way. "When I asked why, he said it was because five buses had been hit by yobs over the weekend, and one today, and he didn't want a brick thrown or a shot fired at him."Jess Lion, a spokeswoman for the company, said: "We will continue to work in partnership with Avon and Somerset police, making our journeys safe and accessible for all." The police, who are working closely with First bus company, are appealing to anyone who may have any information or witnessed the incidents. Detective Sergeant Dave Corey, of Weston CID, said: "Obviously we are deeply concerned about the potential danger to drivers and passengers, and we are treating the matter very seriously. This is extremely reckless and dangerous behaviour and we are lucky there have not been any serious injuries or accidents.