Report by Tom Wright , Reporter
Saturday, July 21, 2012
FOR once the weather forecasters are predicting sunshine so why not make the most it and have a look at what events are set to sizzle this weekend?
* Bleadon – Fresh produce, delicious cheeses, sweet jams, and various beautiful gifts will be on sale at the village market at Coronation Hall, in Coronation Road, from 9am-12.30pm.
* Claverham – The village hall in Bishops Road will hold the monthly market this morning from 10am to noon.
* Kewstoke – Anyone interested in crafts may fancy nipping down to the sale taking place at St Paul’s Church in Kewstoke Road today. From 10am-1pm all sorts of materials and supplies will be available.
* Weston – Zumba, fencing, cricket and dance are just some of the things you can get up to at the Go4Life Community Festival, at Hans Price Academy, in Marchfields Way from 10am-4pm.
* Weston – Historians may fancy taking a look at the stamp fair taking place at St Paul’s Church in Walliscote Road today. The postal history of the area will be discussed in depth between 10am-4pm. Admission is priced 10-50p.
* Weston – A summer fete will be held at Emmanuel Church in Oxford Street from 10.30am-2pm.
* Bournville – Face painting, welly wanging, a raffle and a whole lot more will take place at the For All Healthy Living Centre in Lonsdale Avenue from 11am-3pm.
* Hutton – A bazaar will be held at St Mary’s Church in Church Lane from 11am-4pm. Cakes, preserves books plus much much more will be on offer.
* Yatton – The horticultural society’s summer flower show will be held today at Glebelands and the village hall, in The Causeway. The event will open at 2pm.
* Berrow – A quintessentially British weekend will be had today and tomorrow at St Mary’s Church Road, in Coast Road. A cream tea event will take place from 3-5pm both days.
* Wedmore - A picnic and praise evening will be held at the Methodist church in Sand Road at 5.30pm. Visitors can take a picnic along and enjoy the songs.
* Elborough – The Olympic spirit will head to the West Country tomorrow when North Somerset Play Forum holds its family fun day at 2pm.
If you have an event going on why not let us know by calling 01934 422500 or emailing email@example.com. Alternatively tell everyone about it by visiting the Mercury Facebook page.
And if you see anything this weekend, whether it be breaking news, a beautiful sunset, or something a little bit unusual, why not add it to our interactive iwitness24 website at weston.iwitness24.co.uk