Report by Tom Wright , Reporter
Saturday, July 7, 2012
IF YOU believe the weather forecast everywhere will be a washout today. But we refuse to give into such negativity and can offer up an intriguing selection of events for you this weekend.
* Wedmore – St Mary’s Church, in Church Street, will hold a coffee morning from 9.30-10.30am
* Axbridge - Meats, cheeses, fish, jams and a whole lot more will be on sale at the farmers’ market in the Square today. It opens at 10am.
* Burnham – Coffees will be on sale at the Methodist Hall in College Street from 10am to noon. Stalls will also be open allowing you to have a browse of the goods on offer.
* Weston – Chaplaincy About Town will hold a coffee morning from 10am-2pm at the Boulevard United Reformed Church in Waterloo Street.
* Weston – The annual children’s coffee concert will be held at the Victoria Methodist Church, in Station Road, at 10.30am.
* Weston - Emmanuel Church, in Oxford Street will between 10.30am and 12.30pm hold a coffee morning.
* West Huntspill – Ignore the weather outside it is summer honest! And St Peter and All Hallows Church, in Church Road, will prove that true with their summer fete from 11am-3pm.
* Weston - Ashcombe Primary School, in Earlham Grove, will hold a summer fair today. Bouncy castle, games, stalls and much more will be on offer from noon to 3pm.
* Churchill – ‘Come and sing’ is the invitation from Churchill Music, which is staging an afternoon of songs at 2pm with a ‘grand but informal’ performance at 5pm. The show will take place at Churchill Academy in Churchill Green. Tickets, priced £10 per pair, include tea.
* Hutton – The Conservative group will hold a tea and garden event at Woodview, 15a Moor Croft Road from 2-4.30pm. Entry costs £5.
* Yatton – St Mary’s Church, in Church Road, will host a summer concert featuring Winscombe Orchestra today. It starts at 7.45pm and tickets are priced, £2-7.
* Brent Knoll – Sanders Garden World, in Bristol Road will hold a charity Mini show in aid of Devon and Somerset Air Ambulance from 9am-3pm.
* Congresbury – A charity dog show will be held at Cadbury Garden & Leisure, in Smallway, starting at noon.
* Wick St Lawrence – A jubilee jazz picnic will be held at The Cedars in Wick Road at noon. If, and it is a big if, if wet it will be held at St Lawrence Church on the same road.
Also this weekend Puxton Park is celebrating its fifth birthday with a big celebratory weekend. Many happy returns!
If you have an event going on why not let us know by calling 01934 422500 or emailing email@example.com. Alternatively tell everyone about it by visiting the Mercury Facebook page.
And if you see anything this weekend, whether it be breaking news, a beautiful sunset, or something a little bit unusual, why not add it to our interactive iwitness24 website at weston.iwitness24.co.uk