Report by Tom Wright , Reporter
Saturday, April 28, 2012
THE weekend threatens to be a bit of a washout but hopefully will not spoil some of the events lined up this weekend:
* Weston – Corpus Christi Church will hold a car boot sale in Ellenborough Park South and a table top sale at the parish hall from 8.30am-12.30pm.
* Congresbury – Bookworms should head to the War Memorial Hall in High Street from 9am-1pm for the fortnightly book sale. DVDs, games and jigsaws are also available.
* Cross – Jubilee preparations are already underway in Cross and volunteers are wanted to make bunting. The session will be held at the memorial hall in Old Church Road from 10am-1pm.
* Uphill – A coffee morning and market will be held from 10am to noon today. Local produce, Fairtrade products, photographs and gifts will all be on sale at Uphill Victory Hall.
* Wedmore – A spring sale and coffee morning will be at the Masonic Hall in Church Street from 10am to noon.
* Weston – A charity coffee morning will be held at the Friends Meeting House in High Street from 10am-12.30pm.
* Worlebury – A spring fair organised by the residents’ association will be held at the primary school in Woodspring Avenue from 10am to noon.
* St Georges – The community centre in Willow Close will hold a family disco and karaoke night from 7-10pm. Entry is £3 per adult with the money raised going to poverty-stricken people in Kenya.
* Cleeve – A buzz will be in the village tonight when Philip Clemento gives a talk on beekeeping at the village hall off Main Road at 8pm.
* Redhill - Two little ducks and two fat ladies will be in the house as the village hall hosts its bingo night. The Church Road venue will hold the free night from 8pm.
* Hutton – Hutton Moor Leisure Centre will have an open day tomorrow from 10-2pm to give people a taste as to what it offers. Bristol City legend Scott Murray is also expected to make an appearance.
* Weston – The Woodspring Stadium in Winterstoke Road will hold a charity football match tomorrow in aid of the Butterfly Thyroid Cancer Trust and Bristol Oncology Centre. The match kicks-off at noon and there will be football-themed prizes auctioned off at half-time.
* Hutton – A car boot sale will be held tomorrow in aid of the village hall management committee. It will be held at St Mary’s Field, off St Mary’s Road, from 2-4pm.
* Cleeve – Emergency vehicles will be on display outside the village hall off Main Road. From 2-3.30pm police, firemen and the coastguard will be on hand to let people have a look around and ask questions.
If you have an event going on why not let us know by calling 01934 422500 or emailing email@example.com. Alternatively tell everyone about it by visiting the Mercury Facebook page.
And if you see anything this weekend, whether it be breaking news, a beautiful sunset, or something a little bit unusual, why not add it to our new interactive iwitness24 website at http://weston.iwitness24.co.uk