5 top places to eat fish and chips in Weston super Mare
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From cod and chips to mushy peas, a visit to the seaside isn’t complete without a traditional fish supper – we pick 5 of the best places to enjoy the sea air with a fresh fish meal
20 Waterloo Street
Established in 1966, the award-winning restaurant has a reputation as one of the best fish and chips in the area.
Winners of many local awards, Papas serve up a top haddock and chips – perfect to eat while soaking up the sunshine along the Grand Pier.
4 West Street
You may also want to watch:
Freshly prepared with local ingredients, the food at The Grove Bistro has seen it win numerous awards including the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. Although not technically a fish and chip restaurant – as they serve a range of dishes – the freshly battered cod in special recipe batter is a winner.
69 Meadow Street
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
At Atlantic you can opt for either the traditional battered fish, or try your fresh fish cooked on their charcoal grill with choice of cajun rub or citrus and chilli marinade. Atlantic run a weekly gluten-free day every Sunday – so no one has to miss out on their fish-and-chip fix! Using sustainably sourced fish and home-made mushy peas and sauces
15 Beach Road
With its beach-facing position just down from the pier, Winstons is the perfect location for watching the waves come in. Known for its family-friendly atmosphere and large portion sizes, you can also attempt the Moby Dick – a giant meal for which you’re awarded a certificate if you can finish it!
14 Knightstone Road
If you don’t fancy eating from the comfort of your deckchair, head over to the oldest building in Weston super Mare, built in 1774. It is home to The Old Thatched Cottage, a restaurant specialising in fresh fish, including sea bass, swordfish, monkfish and lemon sole. However, traditional fish and chips are still on the menu too – using simple ingredients to produce a stand-out fish supper.
Where is your favourite place to eat fish and chips? Tweet us @WSMERCURY