A bad name
I RATHER feel Elaine Harding has given us grannies a bad name with her letter Waste of Time printed in the March 31 issue of the Times.
I RATHER feel Elaine Harding has given us grannies a bad name with her letter 'Waste of Time' printed in the March 31 issue of the Times.
I have lived in Portishead all my life and there has never been adequate facilities for the young.
It appears that just like Ms Harding, aging members of the council, (yes, I'm talking about you Mr Pasley) also wish to let Portishead remain a retirement village. The truth is our town is increasing in size and population and it has a large percentage of youth who are too old for picnics and playing on the swing.
I have spent many holidays in Seaton, Devon, and they have a splendid skatepark which only attracts talent, not trouble, and it is a pleasure to watch people of all ages skate and perform stunts on these ramps.
You may also want to watch:
There has been a lot written in the media, often coming from the lips of politicians, to suggest that a skatepark will attract trouble. Well I suggest that this is rubbish and I would also suggest that we all show the younger generation some respect for a change.
On a final note, the Government is always talking about obesity and exercise for the young and skating is a brilliant sport, why not encourage it? I have.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
Brendon Road, Portishead