'Absolve' our leaders
WE ARE now subjected to the self-serving apologetic 'waffle' from Cllr Elfan Ap Rees who places the Tropicana fiasco solely on the recession and new legislation.
WE ARE now subjected to the self-serving apologetic 'waffle' from Cllr Elfan Ap Rees who places the Tropicana fiasco solely on the recession and new legislation. This is presumably to absolve our "leaders" of a responsibility.
This is compounded further by more 'waffle' from our Tourism Chief Councillor Mrs Felicity Baker and the Environmental Assistant Director David Lawrence who now tell us that the project was dead in the water in early summer - six months ago? But decided to 'lets' hold on'. I am not comforted to know that they are insisting on "looking to its future". Is there any other direction.
Compare this situation with the progress made on the Grand Pier during the same recession which Cllr Ap Rees seeks to blame for his failures. I suggest that this is because the multi million pound pier project has a businessman at the helm that has a lot to lose should he fail. Councillors do not have to worry about failure as they are rarely personally penalised.
The Tropicana swimming pool is a key element in the continuing development of Weston and I believe is too important to be left to council officials who have for 10 years amply demonstrated their inadequate business credentials.
You may also want to watch:
K A KIDGER
Highbury Road, Weston
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset