Air ambulance funding
I RECENTLY visited our local Sainsbury s store and, looking for a trolley, found one with a pound coin in the slot.
I RECENTLY visited our local Sainsbury's store and, looking for a trolley, found one with a pound coin in the slot.
I asked the elderly lady if I could have the trolley and she agreed so long as I gave the coin to the lady in store collecting for the air ambulance - which I duly did.
However, it did make me think why on earth funding for the air ambulance does not come from the NHS as in the case of the normal ambulance service.
The same week we received requests for money, in the post, from the RNLI and the RSPCA. Nothing wrong there but it does make me sick when failed bankers get obscene payments and some of our vital services get nothing from the Government.
You may also want to watch:
Clarence Grove Road
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston