An electioneering stunt
I CANNOT help but comment on your front page article – Tropicana – give us a start date about councillor Ap Rees statement that: No one is to blame except Gordon Brown .
I CANNOT help but comment on your front page article - 'Tropicana - give us a start date' about councillor Ap Rees' statement that: "No one is to blame except Gordon Brown".
This is ridiculous when everyone knows the Tropicana fiasco is the fault of the council over the years and not Gordon Brown.
Councillor Ap Fees' comment must surely be an electioneering stunt for the June elections and one which the Mercury should not be associated.
The council leader Nigel Ashton in the North Somerset Life magazine (May issue) states he is going to explain why nothing has happened to the Tropicana during the last two years - surely he will not blame Gordon Brown like his deputy.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year