Any more or less offensive
FRANKLY I think that Banwell parish council is being quite frankly more than a little pedantic if they think that by adding frankly to I d rather be in Goole on the late resident s headstone, it makes it frankly any more or less offensive...
FRANKLY I think that Banwell parish council is being quite frankly more than a little pedantic if they think that by adding frankly to 'I'd rather be in Goole' on the late resident's headstone, it makes it frankly any more or less offensive, and that they just enjoy flexing their petty minded muscles by making use of the limited powers vested in them.
Perhaps if he knew what the reaction his last request would generate the old gent might instead have paraphrased what were allegedly the last words of King George V... Bugger Banwell!
I am somewhat reminded of a famous Somerset quote from 'Gie I Burtle, a Village Apart' by CS John Sparkes ..."Oh Lunnon be alright," he said, "but gie I Burtle".
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced