As much use as a fridge to an eskimo
I AM not surprised the number four bus that serves South Road and the Shrubbery area twice an hour is not paying, and that First Bus may withdraw this service, giving eight weeks notice should they decide to do this. Since the route was turned around thi
I AM not surprised the number four bus that serves South Road and the Shrubbery area twice an hour is not paying, and that First Bus may withdraw this service, giving eight weeks notice should they decide to do this.
Since the route was turned around this bus is about as much use as a fridge to an eskimo.
The previous route went from the college down the Boulevard, which was easy access for three doctors' surgeries, a chemist, two dentists, the library and more, continuing down Alfred Street to Tesco's, turning left at the Odeon to continue its journey to Hutton.
I feel that covered everyone's needs. The new route now turns right at the college, along the seafront, where I have yet to see a passenger request a stop at the Winter Gardens, down regent Street to the 'Carrot', classed as Town Centre, then goes all round the Plantation, to turn left at the Odeon.
You may also want to watch:
When I raised this issue with First Bus, I was told the reason the route was changed was because 'it is better for the bus'.
I was speechless.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
MISS M COLES - Shrubbery Terrace, Weston