Beach area was a building site
MY WIFE and I are regular holidaymakers to Weston but I am beginning to think that someone on the council doesn t want visitors any more.
MY WIFE and I are regular holidaymakers to Weston but I am beginning to think that someone on the council doesn't want visitors any more.
We were in town in October last year and the beach between the pier and Knightstone Island was inaccessible. I know that sea defence work has to be done but the whole of that beach area was a building site and I am sure access could have been possible if the storage of machinery, materials and concrete blocks had been better organised. At the same time the pier was being cleared of the remnants from the tragic fire and, because of the bike race, the grass area by the defunct swimming pool was fenced off. Not to mention the disaster that was the Marine Lake!
No doubt the sea defence work continues so on my next holiday at the end of March I rather expect Weston to resemble a building site.
I understand that Weston woods have been vandalised by contractors and are virtually impassable and, can it be true, that some public toilets are going to be closed?
You may also want to watch:
In its wisdom the council has decided that cafe owners are going to have to pay a fee to allow them to have tables and chairs outside their premises. It is a difficult time for all businesses, so why penalise cafe owners for providing outside seating for their customers? Why penalise holidaymakers who like to use these facilities, because I am sure some cafes will just withdraw the tables.
It could be an interesting holiday.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable