Beach donkeys win
WHAT a great week for Weston – the wheel starts turning, work starts on the Grand Pier, and to cap it all Weston s beach donkeys win the best seaside attraction in the country award. In this age of speed, excitement and thrills, how refreshing that the h
WHAT a great week for Weston - the wheel starts turning, work starts on the Grand Pier, and to cap it all Weston's beach donkeys win the best seaside attraction in the country award.
In this age of speed, excitement and thrills, how refreshing that the humble donkeys should come out on top.
My wife and I love to walk the seafront, especially when the donkeys have finished for the day. As soon as their saddles are removed they set off for the loose sand and rollover on their backs. Then when the tailboard is down on their lorry and they are called by name they trot up into the lorry in some kind of pecking order - it really is entertainment.
Our thanks must go to the Magor family for all the years of happiness they have given to so many children and they should be congratulated on an award so richly deserved.
You may also want to watch:
Donkeys are hard working, intelligent and adorable - something we humans would like to be. If anyone wants to call me a donkey, I would take it as an honour.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
Clarence Grove Road, Weston