Because it cannot forecast facts
THE latest pamphlet from the Trop s spin doctors appears to be getting further away from the facts in an attempt to sway the electorate that its plans are sound and a good thing for Weston. Under the
THE latest pamphlet from the Trop's spin doctors appears to be getting further away from the facts in an attempt to sway the electorate that its plans are sound and a 'good thing' for Weston.
Under the heading 'Helping the Environment' it says: "Having a major facility in the heart of the town will cut down the number of journeys made by local people to Cribbs Causeway to visit the cinema."
What a convenient spin that statement is. It does not say how many this small number is or what percentage of that small number will choose the Trop. Why?
Because it cannot forecast facts and to see such small figures in print would not help their cause.
You may also want to watch:
The people of Weston know we already have an excellent cinema in our own grade II listed Odeon, right in the centre of town with convenient parking alongside the disabled access. Large sums of money have been spent changing the inside of the building to a multi-screen high-tech experience.
The last film I saw there, the sound quality was superb.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 Somerset Freemason raise £25k to help young people
The Odeon is in the forefront when it comes to the latest blockbusters and the proposal the Trop people are putting forward will add nothing to the experience that the Odeon now gives.
There will always be movement of people to other venues for film and theatre, totally unconnected with environment issues.
We do it for the fun of it. But to suggest another cinema is needed because a few people like to enjoy other facilities around the area is pure spin. Or to put into English, 'poppycock'.
P G YOUNG - Warrilow Close, Weston