Being used as political pawns
I READ in the July 16 edition of the Mercury of the deplorable care being provided for elderly patients in Weston General Hospital...
I READ in the July 16 edition of the Mercury of the deplorable care being provided for elderly patients in Weston General Hospital, then in the July 23 edition I was staggered to see that North Somerset Council is blocking the very sick and dying elderly from the opportunity of receiving nursing care in the best homes within North Somerset.
What is this county coming to? It is quite obvious that if you are old and need good nursing care then you should migrate into another county where you might receive greater opportunity to be looked after in the best care resources available.
I would assume that many of our councillors are nearing or are at retiring age. How would they feel if they or their spouses were being used as political pawns and denied access to the care being provided in the best nursing homes?
I am a businessperson and to me �3.29ph caring for a very sick or terminally ill patient is miniscule - surely our elderly population deserves a quality of care that costs more than a pint of lager per hour.
You may also want to watch:
I find the council's attitude towards the care of the very sick and frail within our society shameful.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 10 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
Stanhope Road, Weston