Boot plan was totally inappropriate
DESPITE natural disappointment and frustration, the scrapping of the Tropicana project is very good news.
DESPITE natural disappointment and frustration, the scrapping of the Tropicana project is very good news. The Boot plan was totally inappropriate and out of all proportion. It would have destroyed the sweep of the seafront and lawns forever.
However, something needs to be done with the site. How about a simple solution:
Demolish the whole lot and return it to beach and sea wall. These are our greatest natural assets.
Keep the front building, refurbish with good toilets, cafe, restaurant and children's play area, amusements and small retail shop.
You may also want to watch:
Create extra car parking on just the existing concreted area in front of the main building.
The council's idea of creating a flat area for concerts and other events is good, and also cheap.
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
Now, how about concentrating efforts on developing Dolphin Square/Market area? This is what we need to have improved. With the Pier Square work about to happen this is the next logical step.