Could one of your readers confirm whether or not, the fields next to the police HQ in Portishead are being turned into a car park? I m astonished if this is the case seeing as the fields lie in a green belt area. The fields were recently sold through auct
Could one of your readers confirm whether or not, the fields next to the police HQ in Portishead are being turned into a car park?
I'm astonished if this is the case seeing as the fields lie in a green belt area.
The fields were recently sold through auction and work is already in progress with the installation of heavy metal gates and perimeter fencing.
These fields, filled with ancient hedgerows and abundant wildlife, have far reaching views over beautiful rolling countryside. To concrete over this wonderful green space is scandalous, especially for the purpose of a car park.
You may also want to watch:
Are the police exempt from planning application? If so, then this is a law that should be changed. We are a small overcrowded, overpopulated country with land being devoured at a prodigious rate.
As a society we need open fields, green spaces and natural environments in which to escape from the stresses and strains of modern life. It helps to keep us balanced.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 7 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
Carolyn Stubbs, Portishead