I AM at a loss to understand exactly why we have no parking enforcement in Weston.
I AM at a loss to understand exactly why we have no parking enforcement in Weston. On my street there are always a few cars parked illegally, usually up on the pavement blocking any access for people in wheelchairs.
So why are there no parking wardens? For a cash strapped council, surely the extra income would be a godsend. I don't know how much of a parking fine actually gets into the town coffers, but since all the streets have been repainted with marked bays there's a fortune to be made.
Come the summer, Weston will be full of people too tight to pay parking fees, taking advantage of our lacklustre approach. Is it too much to ask for some traffic wardens at least from June to September?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 10 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure