Commuters don't get handouts
LIKE most people I have been appalled at the recent revelations about MPs expenses and the cheek of some in an attempt to explain themselves.
LIKE most people I have been appalled at the recent revelations about MPs' expenses and the cheek of some in an attempt to explain themselves.
Apparently Mr Penrose claimed �52,000 of taxpayers' money to pay the mortgage on a new house to be nearer Parliament, because he faced a 15 minute journey to work from the one he previously owned!
Many hard working people in Weston are commuters and have much longer journeys to work than that, but they do not get handouts to buy new homes.
He claims he has saved taxpayers money. How has landing us with a �52,000 bill saved us money?
You may also want to watch:
COUNCILLOR MRS J HOW
Connaught Place, Weston
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation