Consultation and dialogue
THE report in last week's Mercury about the Wrington Vale Medical Practice meeting held on August 18 did not make it clear that this was intended to be a meeting to which individuals representing various local interests throughout the practice as a whole had been specifically invited...
THE report in last week's Mercury about the Wrington Vale Medical Practice meeting held on August 18 did not make it clear that this was intended to be a meeting to which individuals representing various local interests throughout the practice as a whole had been specifically invited with the intention of forming a small group of patients whose function would be to facilitate consultation and dialogue about the proposed scheme by providing feedback and input from patients across the area during the formal consultation process.
Unfortunately the purpose of this meeting was thwarted by the arrival of large numbers of uninvited Wrington residents who completely dominated the proceedings and turned it into another opportunity to express their objections to the scheme.
I believe that the Wrington campaign to monopolize every meeting that has been held so far is misguided and will prove to be counter-productive as it is delaying the opportunity for a fair and open discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed scheme by all those patients who are resident in the large area covered by the practice but do not live in Wrington and who comprise seven-ninths of all the patients.
You may also want to watch:
Court Drive, Sandford
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 10 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre