Councillors, put a lid on it
SO COUNCILLOR Ashton wants to fill in the Tropicana with concrete.
SO COUNCILLOR Ashton wants to fill in the Tropicana with concrete. Maybe that's not such a stupid idea. We should listen to the wisdom and experience of our councillors. After all it was our councillors who, realising that we simple minded fools didn't want it, decided that we would grow to love the 'Carrot'.
The LED advertising went rusty and had to be removed and Mr Berry gave up the little kiosk. I am currently trying to get it recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as the world's most expensive bus stop. It's only other use is as a late night urinal, and if they ever change the town's bus routes, that will be its only function.
Most people didn't want the 'Carrot'. The council did. We got it. Most people did want a 'lid' on the Tropicana. The council didn't. We didn't get one. Nice to see it takes so much notice of us.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 Somerset Freemason raise £25k to help young people