Didn't do Jill Dando justice
ON AUGUST 12 I, along with some of my family, visited Jill Dando's garden – what a disappointment.
ON AUGUST 12 I, along with some of my family, visited Jill Dando's garden - what a disappointment.
I expected to see it and say 'What a beautiful garden', but I couldn't say that.
As it is looking now, I felt that it certainly didn't do Jill Dando justice. She was such a beautiful, elegant and fashionable lady but I couldn't say that about the garden.
There are some extremely tall thistles which are bending over and almost broken in some cases, it all needs weeding, and in general I thought it needed some TLC.
You may also want to watch:
We returned to the hotel and other guests there were also disappointed in the garden.
As we sat having a cup of tea in the hotel lounge I just happened to pick up a copy of Explore 2009 and there on page 11 was a picture of the Ground Force stars, and on seeing that I felt I must drop you a line to let you know how I felt about the garden.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 7 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
Some friends of mine visited Jill's Garden in the spring and thought it looked fine.