I CANNOT believe what I have just read in the January edition of Somerset Life Magazine.
I CANNOT believe what I have just read in the January edition of Somerset Life Magazine. Councillor Nigel Ashton comments on dementia. This from a man who only two weeks ago presented a report to the executive committee recommending the eviction of the residents of Poppyfields. What a case of double standards. Say one thing do another, this seems to sum up our council perfectly.
He seems to be rather confused, of what he has said from one week to another. Yes Cllr Ashton you are right when you say it is heart breaking to see the effect dementia ha on residents and their families and your solution is to close one of the best dementia care homes in North Somerset.
Perhaps Cllr Ashton should speak to the professionals before reaching such decisions after all, as he states 'WE DO NOT SEEM TO KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT':
Speak to the people who work in this field, Cllr Ashton perhaps then you may have a better understanding and realise the residents of Weston deserve better than this, and keep Poppyfields open, as an example for others to follow.
You may also want to watch:
MR D GEORGE
Moor Lane, Worle
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation