I FELT a mixture of concern and disappointment when North Somerset council announced that they were going to out-source their finance payments department. Regional care homes work very closely with this department and in a recent meeting attended by car
I FELT a mixture of concern and disappointment when North Somerset council announced that they were going to out-source their finance payments department.
Regional care homes work very closely with this department and in a recent meeting attended by care homes' managers there was nothing but echoed praise for their high level of competence (such unanimous recognition towards a government department is a growing rarity in today's world).
The staff within this department have an unequalled knowledge in relation to the financial infrastructure within the Social Service and Primary Care Trust, including the managers of every single care home in the region. When problems arise they know precisely who to contact for an expedient resolution and such systemic familiarity cannot be attained overnight.
I have been informed that the commercial company will keep on the local authority staff, but similar transferring in other authorities has often resulted in inharmonious outcomes when the time period of protected employment conditions and wages has expired and re-engagement of new contracts are enforced.
You may also want to watch:
I sincerely hope that we are not seeing another example where established operational proficiency is being sacrificed for short term financial gains?
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Regional chairman, Registered Nursing Homes Association.