Find other ways to save money
ONCE again North Somerset Council are getting it so wrong in their proposal to close Poppyfields Dementia Care Home.
ONCE again North Somerset Council are getting it so wrong in their proposal to close Poppyfields Dementia Care Home. What a wonderful place this is for people with this illness including my mother, that can't fend for themselves.
I looked long and hard before finding Poppyfields when myself and my sister needed help and could no longer look after our mother ourselves.
The care the residents get is second to none the staff are kind, patient and dedicated to treating our old people with respect and dignity which after all is what they are entitled too. Most of these people served time during the war and worked hard all of their lives. My mother worked until she was 65. Young people, drug and alcohol abusers all get the help they need. It is hardly fair that our elderly are being pushed out of a safe and loving environment that is home just to save money. My mother is 91 and to move her and fellow residents to unfamiliar surroundings will be catastrophic. Please North Somerset Council do the right thing for once and find other ways to save money.
MRS LYNNE SWEET
You may also want to watch:
Coronation Road, Banwell
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston