Five of the best North Somerset bakeries
- Credit: Archant
Whether you’re looking for a spectacular wedding cake or just a quick lunchtime pasty, here is our list of five of the best North Somerset bakeries.
This award-winning bakery, established in 1925 by Thomas George Pullin, has been family-run to this day. Pullins also has a store in Clevedon where highly-skilled patisserie chef and shop manager, Darrin, creates a range of delicious products including meringues and macarons.
Winnie’s Bakery, Weston
Winnie is a natural ferment used by this Weston bakery for the majority of its specialty breads. As well as its new store in Sunnyside Road, Winnie’s Bakery is often out and about showcasing its wares at markets and events across Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
With branches in places including Weston, Clevedon and Cheddar, this century-old company makes quality products including pasties and hand-made sandwiches.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
That Cake Lady, Nailsea
Based in Nailsea, this cake-maker offers everything from cupcakes to wedding cakes and allows customers to see their dream cakes become reality. The business started in 2012 and has delivered creations to venues including Clevedon Hall, Ashton Court Estate and Walton Castle.
The Exquisite Cake Company, Wraxall
This company creates superb wedding cakes and cupcakes using locally sourced ingredients and handcrafted decorations. The company also offers the opportunity to take part in baking lessons and provides activities for children’s parties, hen parties, school workshops and corporate events.