Give market a major makeover
Given that Weston, with the exception of the rapid arrival of the Big Wheel, is pretty much on its knees,
Given that Weston, with the exception of the rapid arrival of the Big Wheel, is pretty much on its knees, wouldn't you think our council would put some pressure on the owners of that near derelict building that supposedly houses an indoor market to give it a major makeover?
Being on the the old site of the Grand Central (still has the clock outside, but it doesn't work of course) and so close to the hub of the seafront, it's one of the first things people look at when deciding what they are going to do next, now that they've seen the remains of the pier and been on the Big Wheel.
I think it's outrageous. Clearly the owners don't come from here, or, along with the entire population of Weston, they too would be ashamed of what's on show for all our expectant tourists.
You may also want to watch:
Bleadon Hill, Weston
- 1 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 8 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston