COUNCILLOR Rees is wrong to say that you can t see the Channel from the outdoor pool. Yes you can! One of the pleasures of the pool is sitting on the terraces with the glorious views of the channel, before and after a swim. The open air pool is one of t
COUNCILLOR Rees is wrong to say that you can't see the Channel from the outdoor pool. Yes you can!
One of the pleasures of the pool is sitting on the terraces with the glorious views of the channel, before and after a swim.
The open air pool is one of the splendours of Portishead.
But your article made it quite clear in which direction Cllr Rees' imagination is running towards another restaurant and pub.
You may also want to watch:
The pool already has an ample café area, also with glorious channel views, which could be made much more of.
And there is a lot more that could be done to make the pool more profitable, such as staying open at lunchtime or in the summer evenings.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
These are the times when people want to swim - as well as publicising this fantastic facility to the world beyond Portishead.
There has been poor management of this asset and bad decisions have been made such as closing the children's pool.
I think it is very unfair to have assessed the pool over this summer when it rained almost continuously for most of the holiday period.
The pool brilliantly complements our muddy sea and shoreline by allowing people to swim outside in this environment, it lends a real glamour and quality to living here.
I think we'd be such fools to lose it.
It is really very dismaying that Councillor Ap Rees, given his position within the decision making group, is making comments about the pool that are not based on fact or proper observation.
PETER MILNER - Church Path Road, Pill