I WAS saddened to see that all the ducklings have disappeared from the Italian Gardens pond, most likely eaten by vermin
I WAS saddened to see that all the ducklings have disappeared from the Italian Gardens pond, most likely eaten by vermin. I actually witnessed a rat carrying off a duckling into the nearby shrubbery.
I further note that all the golden carp have gone too. The reason for this is probably because the waterfall no longer runs and the pond has grown stagnant and choked with weeds and green slime. No fish could live in such an environment.
This situation is yet another example of the council's neglect of Weston's gradually diminishing attributes. Surely they could spend less on things like The Carrot and those misspelt Town Maps (which have never been rectified, by the way) and more on preserving a wildlife habitat which has attracted visitors of all ages down the years.
You may also want to watch:
Stanley Road, Weston
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 Somerset Freemason raise £25k to help young people