Grown in stature
I WAS one of the amused by the reference to Anonymous in last week's Mercury.
I WAS one of the amused by the reference to 'Anonymous' in last week's Mercury. The days are long over when the Mercury was certainly a lethargic, lame duck of newspaper, often paying lip service to council, councillors, dignitaries, and others. Not so any longer.
In a very short time - and in particular since it went tabloid - the paper has grown in stature.
The editor and staff are to be congratulated on producing a newspaper that is truly representative of Weston and the outlying areas.
You may also want to watch:
Westbrook Road, Milton
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 7 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset