NORTH Somerset Council is to make the 7.5 tonne weight limit between Churchill Gate A38/A368 and Burrington Coombe permanent.
NORTH Somerset Council is to make the 7.5 tonne weight limit between Churchill Gate A38/A368 and Burrington Coombe permanent. What a load of idiots.
The section of road is better than Stock Lane yet HGVs can run through from Churchill to Congresbury on that road. To add to this it was stated this would mean new illuminated signs would be needed at a cost of �10,000.
Surely it would be better for the council to address some of these country roads than patch the odd pothole. Any don't blame the lorries for the state of our roads. It's the Government and councils that have been ripping the motorist off big time for too long.
Goodness knows what they do with our money. There again you only have to look at Weston, but that's another story.
You may also want to watch:
DENNIS A F HOOPER
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Planking your way to better health
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 10 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic