Illogical and expensive
REFERRING to the continuing debate about the proposed closure of Wrington Vale surgeries and their replacement by a single 'super surgery' ...
REFERRING to the continuing debate about the proposed closure of Wrington Vale surgeries and their replacement by a single 'super surgery' I would like to make it clear that I am not at all opposed to improvements to services for patients, only to the illogical and expensive proposed scheme, as indeed, I am reliably informed, are the 600 petition signatories against it, also.
Positively, the present surgeries are ideally situated, Churchill being just a few minutes' walk from the bus stop on the A38, itself an easy route from Redhill, etc, close to sheltered and social hosing, an ambulance station, nursery school, playing fields and there is adequate adjacent land between it and Ladymead Lane for expansion. Extra land has already been offered adjacent to Wrington surgery.
Negatively, the re-siting to Pudding Pie Lane would almost certainly result in Ladymead Lane becoming a 'one way' road for the A38, resulting in extra traffic using the ill laid out mini roundabout near Budgens.
Irksome waiting times and cancellation of appointments (because of doctors' illness) demonstrate the need for one or two more doctors in the practice, a much better use of taxpayers' money than allowing the fulfilling of the grandiose, expensive, palatial dreams of the 'planners' to be foisted upon us.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release