HAVING made some outspoken, rash and completely wrong statements about aircraft over-flying Nailsea, John Hunter, chairman of the Nailsea Local Action Team has now voiced his opinion on people extending their houses rather than buying new ones, thus tur
HAVING made some outspoken, rash and completely wrong statements about aircraft over-flying Nailsea, John Hunter, chairman of the Nailsea Local Action Team has now voiced 'his' opinion on people extending their houses rather than buying new ones, thus turning the town into a building site.
Being a resident of Nailsea for more than 40 years I resent the comments of Mr Hunter.
I have owned four houses in various parts of Nailsea, living in my last house for 10 years and in my current house for 20 years. I have no intention moving from the house I now occupy for many years to come.
As we grow older there are certain improvements which need to be done to our houses and my wife and I will continue to make alterations as and when necessary with the help of many of the excellent craftsmen this town has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
Now we are retired my wife and I spend a great deal of time within the confines of our lovely town and have never observed three skips in any one road, lorries and trucks parked everywhere, materials dumped on pavements and unnecessary noise where people are improving their homes. These problems are much more likely to be found on large scale building sites.
Can I suggest that Mr Hunter looks a little bit more 'on the bright side of life' and appreciates what a lovely little town we have, although I much preferred the 7,000 population village of locals I moved to 40 years ago. These unfounded and detrimental comments from Mr Hunter do nothing to enhance the publicity of our lovely town when headlined in the local newspapers.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
KEITH NICHOLLS - The Upland Nailsea