Increase of 10 per cent
I NOTE that the charge in the Grove Park car parking area has increased from �1 per hour to �1.10 per hour.
I NOTE that the charge in the Grove Park car parking area has increased from �1 per hour to �1.10 per hour. This is, if my limited maths serve me, an increase of 10 per cent. I would like to read a justification for this by North Somerset Council.
I say read because we never see or hear them do we? Whilst on the subject it would be interesting to know how much revenue North Somerset Council generates from parking in Weston and what percentage actually returns to Weston, but I suppose I'll have to use the Freedom of Information for that.
Is this a case of a moderate council tax increase but stealth tax elsewhere?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 10 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre